Key Lesson 3.6.15 Ways to Solve Problems and Show Solutions
Lesson topic: Solving measurement problems
- Teacher guide
- CCRS standard: 3.OA.3, 3.MD.1, 3.MD.2
- Learning goal: Analyze strategies for solving problems and for presenting solutions. Use the four operations to solve one-step word problems involving measurements.
- 3.6 Assessment and Practice Problems
If students need additional lessons before this key lesson, use these supplemental lessons.
- 3.6.8 Estimate and Measure Liquid Volume
- 3.6.9 Time to the Nearest Minute
- 3.6.11 Solve Problems Involving Time (Part 2)
- 3.6.12 Ways to Represent Measurement Situations
- 3.6.13 Problems with Missing Information
Used with permission:
1. IM K-5 Math was originally developed by Open Up Resources (OUR) and authored by Illustrative Mathematics® (IM), and is copyrighted 2017-2019 by Open Up Resources. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). OUR's K-5 Math Curriculum is available at https://openupresources.org/math-curriculum/.
2. Adaptations and updates to IM K-5 Math are copyrighted 2019 by Illustrative Mathematics®, and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
3. The Illustrative Mathematics® name and logo are not subject to the Creative Commons license and may not be used without the prior and express written consent of Illustrative Mathematics®.
4. This site includes public domain images or openly licensed images that are copyrighted by their respective owners. Openly licensed images remain under the terms of their respective licenses. See the image attribution section for more information.
Get the free download of Adobe Acrobat Reader.