English Language Arts
Professional Development Resources
Reading and Writing
- Research-Based Principles for Adult Basic Education Reading Instruction Identifies and evaluates existing research related to adult literacy reading instruction in order to provide the field with research-based products including principles and practices for practitioners.
- The Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL®)
- Teaching Excellence in Adult Literacy (TEAL) Writing Guide Focuses on the content area of writing for adult basic education students.
- Newsela Is an instructional content platform that supercharges reading engagement and learning in every subject.
- Reading Skills for Today’s Adults Formerly Marshal Adult Education. The focus of these reading selections cover civics, employment, housing, health, school, money, and government.
- ReadWorks Free content, curriculum, and tools to power teaching.