Unit: Number Base Ten (Whole Numbers)
Use the list below to access the key lessons for this unit from Illustrative Mathematics® (IM). Within each key lesson, you will find related lessons that support the key lesson’s topic. Some key lessons below are labeled as “optional.” Instructors with a faster-paced class that only needs to review major concepts might skip these lessons, while instructors whose students need more thorough coverage and review of the content or that have not completed a related unit, might use these optional lessons.
Click on the hyperlinked lesson description to learn more about each lesson. The numbers show the grade, unit, and lesson number of the lesson.
- 4.4.19 (Optional) – Composing and decomposing with the standard addition or subtraction algorithms
- 4.4.21 (Optional) – Subtraction with zeros using the standard algorithm
- 4.6.8 – Multiplication 2×2, area models
- 4.6.15 – Division using the area model
- 5.4.4 – Standard algorithm one-digit x multi-digit
- 5.4.6 – Multi-digit x multi-digit composing
- 5.4.12 – Partial quotient algorithm with two-digit divisors