Unit: Fractions (Multiplication and Division)
Use the list below to access the key lessons for this unit from Illustrative Mathematics® (IM). Within each key lesson, you will find related lessons that support the key lesson’s topic. Some key lessons below are labeled as “optional.” Instructors with a faster-paced class that only needs to review major concepts might skip these lessons, while instructors whose students need more thorough coverage and review of the content or that have not completed a related unit, might use these optional lessons.
Click on the hyperlinked lesson description to learn more about each lesson. The numbers show the grade, unit, and lesson number of the lesson.
- 4.3.4 (Optional) – Multiplying fractions by whole numbers
- 5.2.5 – Fractions and division (in the context of multiplying fractions by whole numbers)
- 5.2.13 – Area models and properties of operations
- 5.3.3 (Optional) – Multiplying unit fractions
- 5.3.7 – Multiplying fractions
- 5.3.12 – Divide unit fractions by whole numbers
- 5.3.14 – Divide whole numbers by unit fractions
- 6.4.11 – Division algorithm