Use the list below to access the key lessons for this unit from Illustrative Mathematics® (IM). Within each key lesson, you will find related lessons that support the key lesson’s topic. Some key lessons below are labeled as “optional.” Instructors with a faster-paced class that only needs to review major concepts might skip these lessons, while instructors whose students need more thorough coverage and review of the content or that have not completed a related unit, might use these optional lessons.
Click on the hyperlinked lesson description to learn more about each lesson. The numbers show the grade, unit, and lesson number of the lesson.
- 2.3.5 (Optional) – Measure in meters and centimeters
- 2.3.9 (Optional) – Estimate and measure with feet and inches
- 3.6.3 – Measure in halves and fourths of an inch
- 3.6.5 – Mark data including halves and fourths on line plots
- 3.6.15 – Solving measurement problems