Unit: Operations and Algebraic Thinking
Use the list below to access the key lessons for this unit from Illustrative Mathematics® (IM). Within each key lesson, you will find related lessons that support the key lesson’s topic. Some key lessons below are labeled as “optional.” Instructors with a faster-paced class that only needs to review major concepts might skip these lessons, while instructors whose students need more thorough coverage and review of the content or that have not completed a related unit, might use these optional lessons.
Click on the hyperlinked lesson description to learn more about each lesson. The numbers show the grade, unit, and lesson number of the lesson.
- 4.6.4 (Optional) – Numerical and pictoral patterns
- 6.6.4 – Choosing and solving equations
- 6.6.6 – Write expressions that involve numbers, operations, and letters representing a numerical value
- 6.6.10 – Distributive property
- 6.6.14 – Evaluating expressions with exponents
- 6.6.15 (Use Some or All) – Exponential expressions