Unit: Operations and Algebraic Thinking
Key Lesson 6.6.15 Equivalent Exponential Expressions
Lesson topic: Exponential expressions
- Teacher guide
- Practice Problems resource
- CCRS standard: 6.EE.1, 6.EE.2c, 6.EE.5
- Learning goal: Describe (orally) the values that result from evaluating expressions in which a fraction is raised to a power. Determine whether a given value is a solution to an equation that includes an exponent. Evaluate expressions that have a variable, an exponent, and one other operation for a given value of the variable, carrying out the operations in the conventional order.
- 6.6 Assessment and Practice Problems
There are no related lessons for this key lesson.
Used with permission:
1. IM K-5 Math was originally developed by Open Up Resources (OUR) and authored by Illustrative Mathematics® (IM), and is copyrighted 2017-2019 by Open Up Resources. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). OUR's K-5 Math Curriculum is available at https://openupresources.org/math-curriculum/.
2. Adaptations and updates to IM K-5 Math are copyrighted 2019 by Illustrative Mathematics®, and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
3. The Illustrative Mathematics® name and logo are not subject to the Creative Commons license and may not be used without the prior and express written consent of Illustrative Mathematics®.
4. This site includes public domain images or openly licensed images that are copyrighted by their respective owners. Openly licensed images remain under the terms of their respective licenses. See the image attribution section for more information.
Get the free download of Adobe Acrobat Reader.