Unit: Number Base Ten (Decimals)
Use the list below to access the key lessons for this unit from Illustrative Mathematics® (IM). Within each key lesson, you will find related lessons that support the key lesson’s topic. Some key lessons below are labeled as “optional.” Instructors with a faster-paced class that only needs to review major concepts might skip these lessons, while instructors whose students need more thorough coverage and review of the content or that have not completed a related unit, might use these optional lessons.
Click on the hyperlinked lesson description to learn more about each lesson. The numbers show the grade, unit, and lesson number of the lesson.
- 5.5.9 – Compare and order decimals to thousandths
- 5.5.12 (Optional) – Add decimals
- 5.5.15 (Optional) – Subtract decimals
- 5.5.22 (Optional) – Divide whole numbers by 0.1 and 0.01
- 6.5.4 – Adding and subtracting decimals
- 6.5.8 – Products of decimals
- 6.5.10 – Long division with whole numbers
- 6.5.11 (Use Some or All) – Decimals in the quotients
- 6.5.12 (Use Some or All) – Dividing decimals by whole numbers
- 6.5.13 – Dividing decimals by decimals