Unit: Number Base Ten (Decimals)
Key Lesson 6.5.10 Using Long Division
Lesson topic: Long division with whole numbers
- Teacher guide
- Practice Problems resource
- CCRS standard: 6.NS.2
- Learning goal: Interpret the long division method and compare and contrast it (orally) with other methods for computing the quotient of whole numbers. Recognize and explain (orally) that long division is an efficient strategy for dividing numbers, especially with multi-digit dividends. Use long division to divide whole numbers that result in a whole-number quotient and multiply the quotient by the divisor to check the answer.
- 6.5 Assessment and Practice Problems
Used with permission:
1. IM K-5 Math was originally developed by Open Up Resources (OUR) and authored by Illustrative Mathematics® (IM), and is copyrighted 2017-2019 by Open Up Resources. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). OUR's K-5 Math Curriculum is available at https://openupresources.org/math-curriculum/.
2. Adaptations and updates to IM K-5 Math are copyrighted 2019 by Illustrative Mathematics®, and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
3. The Illustrative Mathematics® name and logo are not subject to the Creative Commons license and may not be used without the prior and express written consent of Illustrative Mathematics®.
4. This site includes public domain images or openly licensed images that are copyrighted by their respective owners. Openly licensed images remain under the terms of their respective licenses. See the image attribution section for more information.
Get the free download of Adobe Acrobat Reader.