Unit: Operations and Algebraic Thinking
Lesson 6.6.12 Meaning of Exponents
- Teacher guide
- Practice Problems resource
- CCRS standard: 6.EE.1
- Learning goal: Describe (orally and in writing) a pattern that could be expressed using repeated multiplication. Generate and evaluate numerical expressions involving whole-number exponents. Interpret expressions with exponents larger than 3, and comprehend the phrase “to the power” or “to the” (in spoken language).
- 6.6 Assessments and Related Lessons
Used with permission:
1. IM K-5 Math was originally developed by Open Up Resources (OUR) and authored by Illustrative Mathematics® (IM), and is copyrighted 2017-2019 by Open Up Resources. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). OUR's K-5 Math Curriculum is available at https://openupresources.org/math-curriculum/.
2. Adaptations and updates to IM K-5 Math are copyrighted 2019 by Illustrative Mathematics®, and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
3. The Illustrative Mathematics® name and logo are not subject to the Creative Commons license and may not be used without the prior and express written consent of Illustrative Mathematics®.
4. This site includes public domain images or openly licensed images that are copyrighted by their respective owners. Openly licensed images remain under the terms of their respective licenses. See the image attribution section for more information.
Get the free download of Adobe Acrobat Reader.