Unit: Operations and Algebraic Thinking
Lesson 6.6.11 The Distributive Property, Part 3
- Teacher guide
- Practice Problems resource
- CCRS standard: 6.EE.2, 6.EE.3, 6.EE.4
- Learning goal: Draw a diagram to justify that two expressions that are related by the distributive property are equivalent. Explain (orally) how to use the distributive property to identify or generate equivalent algebraic expressions. Use the distributive property to write equivalent algebraic expressions, including where the common factor is a variable.
- 6.6 Assessments and Related Lessons
Used with permission:
1. IM K-5 Math was originally developed by Open Up Resources (OUR) and authored by Illustrative Mathematics® (IM), and is copyrighted 2017-2019 by Open Up Resources. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). OUR's K-5 Math Curriculum is available at https://openupresources.org/math-curriculum/.
2. Adaptations and updates to IM K-5 Math are copyrighted 2019 by Illustrative Mathematics®, and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
3. The Illustrative Mathematics® name and logo are not subject to the Creative Commons license and may not be used without the prior and express written consent of Illustrative Mathematics®.
4. This site includes public domain images or openly licensed images that are copyrighted by their respective owners. Openly licensed images remain under the terms of their respective licenses. See the image attribution section for more information.
Get the free download of Adobe Acrobat Reader.