Unit: Fractions (Multiplication and Division)
Lesson 6.4.7 What Fraction of a Group?
- Teacher guide
- Practice Problems resource
- CCRS standard: 6.NS.1
- Learning goal: Comprehend the phrase “What fraction of a group?” (in spoken and written language) as a variation of the question “How many groups?” that is used when the quotient is less than 1. Create a tape diagram to represent and solve a problem asking “How many groups?” in which the quotient is a fraction less than 1. Write multiplication and division equations to represent a problem asking “How many times as long?”
- 6.4 Assessments and Related Lessons
Used with permission:
1. IM K-5 Math was originally developed by Open Up Resources (OUR) and authored by Illustrative Mathematics® (IM), and is copyrighted 2017-2019 by Open Up Resources. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). OUR's K-5 Math Curriculum is available at https://openupresources.org/math-curriculum/.
2. Adaptations and updates to IM K-5 Math are copyrighted 2019 by Illustrative Mathematics®, and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
3. The Illustrative Mathematics® name and logo are not subject to the Creative Commons license and may not be used without the prior and express written consent of Illustrative Mathematics®.
4. This site includes public domain images or openly licensed images that are copyrighted by their respective owners. Openly licensed images remain under the terms of their respective licenses. See the image attribution section for more information.
Get the free download of Adobe Acrobat Reader.