Key Lesson 8.8.11 Finding Distances in the Coordinate Plane
Lesson topic: Distances on the coordinate plane
- Teacher guide
- Practice Problems resource
- CCRS standard: 8.G.8
- Learning goal: Calculate the distance between two points in the coordinate plane by using the Pythagorean Theorem and explain (orally) the solution method. Generalize (orally) a method for calculating the length of a line segment in the coordinate plane using the Pythagorean Theorem.
- 8.8 Assessment and Practice Problems
There are no related lessons for this key lesson.
Used with permission:
1. IM K-5 Math was originally developed by Open Up Resources (OUR) and authored by Illustrative Mathematics® (IM), and is copyrighted 2017-2019 by Open Up Resources. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). OUR's K-5 Math Curriculum is available at https://openupresources.org/math-curriculum/.
2. Adaptations and updates to IM K-5 Math are copyrighted 2019 by Illustrative Mathematics®, and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
3. The Illustrative Mathematics® name and logo are not subject to the Creative Commons license and may not be used without the prior and express written consent of Illustrative Mathematics®.
4. This site includes public domain images or openly licensed images that are copyrighted by their respective owners. Openly licensed images remain under the terms of their respective licenses. See the image attribution section for more information.
Get the free download of Adobe Acrobat Reader.