Unit: Ratios and Proportions
Key Lesson 7.2.10 Introducing Graphs of Proportional Relationships
Lesson topic: Graph proportional relationships
- Teacher guide
- Practice Problems resource
- Matching Tables and Graphs resource
- CCRS standard: 7.RP.2a
- Learning goal: Compare and contrast (orally) graphs of relationships. Generalize (orally and in writing) that a proportional relationship can be represented in the coordinate plane by a line that includes the “origin” or by a collection of points that lie on such a line. Justify (orally) that a table and a graph represent the same relationship.
- 7.2 Assessment and Practice Problems
Review and Extend
Use these supplemental lessons if needed after teaching this key lesson.
Used with permission:
1. IM K-5 Math was originally developed by Open Up Resources (OUR) and authored by Illustrative Mathematics® (IM), and is copyrighted 2017-2019 by Open Up Resources. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). OUR's K-5 Math Curriculum is available at https://openupresources.org/math-curriculum/.
2. Adaptations and updates to IM K-5 Math are copyrighted 2019 by Illustrative Mathematics®, and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
3. The Illustrative Mathematics® name and logo are not subject to the Creative Commons license and may not be used without the prior and express written consent of Illustrative Mathematics®.
4. This site includes public domain images or openly licensed images that are copyrighted by their respective owners. Openly licensed images remain under the terms of their respective licenses. See the image attribution section for more information.
Get the free download of Adobe Acrobat Reader.