Unit: Statistics and Probability
Key Lesson 6.8.16 Box Plots
Lesson topic: Interquartile range (IQR) and box plots
- Teacher guide
- Practice Problems resource
- CCRS standard: 6.SP.5c, 6.SP.5d, 6.SP.4
- Learning goal: Compare and contrast (orally) a dot plot and a box plot that represent the same data set. Create a box plot to represent a data set. Describe (orally) the parts of a box plot that correspond with each number in the five-number summary, the range, and the IQR of a data set.
- 6.8 Assessment and Practice Problems
Used with permission:
1. IM K-5 Math was originally developed by Open Up Resources (OUR) and authored by Illustrative Mathematics® (IM), and is copyrighted 2017-2019 by Open Up Resources. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). OUR's K-5 Math Curriculum is available at https://openupresources.org/math-curriculum/.
2. Adaptations and updates to IM K-5 Math are copyrighted 2019 by Illustrative Mathematics®, and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
3. The Illustrative Mathematics® name and logo are not subject to the Creative Commons license and may not be used without the prior and express written consent of Illustrative Mathematics®.
4. This site includes public domain images or openly licensed images that are copyrighted by their respective owners. Openly licensed images remain under the terms of their respective licenses. See the image attribution section for more information.
Get the free download of Adobe Acrobat Reader.