Unit: Ratios and Proportions
Key Lesson 6.2.12 Navigating a Table with Equivalent Ratios
Lesson topic: Tables of equivalent ratios
- Teacher guide
- Practice Problems resource
- CCRS standard: 6.RP.3, 6.RP.3a
- Learning goal: Choose multipliers strategically while solving multi-step problems involving equivalent ratios. Describe (orally and in writing) how a table of equivalent ratios was used to solve a problem about prices and quantities. Remember that dividing by a whole number is the same as multiplying by an associated unit fraction.
- 6.2 Assessment and Practice Problems
If students need additional lessons before this key lesson, use these supplemental lessons.
Review and Extend
Use these supplemental lessons if needed after teaching this key lesson.
- 6.2.13 Tables and Double Number Line Diagrams
- 6.2.14 Solving Equivalent Ratio Problems
- 6.2.15 Part-Part-Whole Ratios
- 6.2.16 Solving More Ratio Problems
Used with permission:
1. IM K-5 Math was originally developed by Open Up Resources (OUR) and authored by Illustrative Mathematics® (IM), and is copyrighted 2017-2019 by Open Up Resources. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). OUR's K-5 Math Curriculum is available at https://openupresources.org/math-curriculum/.
2. Adaptations and updates to IM K-5 Math are copyrighted 2019 by Illustrative Mathematics®, and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
3. The Illustrative Mathematics® name and logo are not subject to the Creative Commons license and may not be used without the prior and express written consent of Illustrative Mathematics®.
4. This site includes public domain images or openly licensed images that are copyrighted by their respective owners. Openly licensed images remain under the terms of their respective licenses. See the image attribution section for more information.
Get the free download of Adobe Acrobat Reader.