Unit: Multiplication and Division
Key Lesson 3.4.20 Strategies for Dividing
Lesson topic: Dividing two-digit numbers by single-digit numbers
- Teacher guide
- Centimeter Grid Paper Standard handout
- Compare Stage 4 Division Cards
- CCRS standard: 3.OA.5, 3.OA.7
- Learning goal: Analyze strategies for representing and reasoning about division. Divide within 100 using strategies based on place value and properties of operations.
- 3.4 Assessment and Practice Problems
If students need additional lessons before this key lesson, use these supplemental lessons.
Review and Extend
Use these supplemental lessons if needed after teaching this key lesson.
- 3.8.8 Multiplication Center Day
- 3.8.9 Multiplication Game Day
- 3.8.10 Multiplication and Division
- 3.8.11 Division Game Day
Used with permission:
1. IM K-5 Math was originally developed by Open Up Resources (OUR) and authored by Illustrative Mathematics® (IM), and is copyrighted 2017-2019 by Open Up Resources. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). OUR's K-5 Math Curriculum is available at https://openupresources.org/math-curriculum/.
2. Adaptations and updates to IM K-5 Math are copyrighted 2019 by Illustrative Mathematics®, and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
3. The Illustrative Mathematics® name and logo are not subject to the Creative Commons license and may not be used without the prior and express written consent of Illustrative Mathematics®.
4. This site includes public domain images or openly licensed images that are copyrighted by their respective owners. Openly licensed images remain under the terms of their respective licenses. See the image attribution section for more information.
Get the free download of Adobe Acrobat Reader.