Unit: Multiplication and Division
Key Lesson 3.4.11 Multiplication Strategies on Ungridded Rectangles
Lesson topic: Multiplication strategies with rectangles (ungridded)
- Teacher guide
- Card Sort: Different Expressions, Same Rectangle handout
- Centimeter Grid Paper Standard handout
- CCRS standard: 3.OA.7, 3.MD.7c
- Learning goal: Apply associative and distributive properties of multiplication to find products within 100. Recognize that multiplication is associative and can be distributed over addition.
- 3.4 Assessment and Practice Problems
If students need additional lessons before this key lesson, use these supplemental lessons.
Used with permission:
1. IM K-5 Math was originally developed by Open Up Resources (OUR) and authored by Illustrative Mathematics® (IM), and is copyrighted 2017-2019 by Open Up Resources. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). OUR's K-5 Math Curriculum is available at https://openupresources.org/math-curriculum/.
2. Adaptations and updates to IM K-5 Math are copyrighted 2019 by Illustrative Mathematics®, and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
3. The Illustrative Mathematics® name and logo are not subject to the Creative Commons license and may not be used without the prior and express written consent of Illustrative Mathematics®.
4. This site includes public domain images or openly licensed images that are copyrighted by their respective owners. Openly licensed images remain under the terms of their respective licenses. See the image attribution section for more information.
Get the free download of Adobe Acrobat Reader.