Unit: Addition and Subtraction
Key Lesson 3.3.6 Use Strategies and Algorithms to Add
Lesson topic: Add three-digit numbers
- Teacher guide
- CCRS standard: 3.NBT.2
- Learning goal: Add within 1,000 using an algorithm or another strategy based on the numbers being added.
- 3.3 Assessment and Practice Problems
If students need additional lessons before this key lesson, use these supplemental lessons.
Used with permission:
1. IM K-5 Math was originally developed by Open Up Resources (OUR) and authored by Illustrative Mathematics® (IM), and is copyrighted 2017-2019 by Open Up Resources. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). OUR's K-5 Math Curriculum is available at https://openupresources.org/math-curriculum/.
2. Adaptations and updates to IM K-5 Math are copyrighted 2019 by Illustrative Mathematics®, and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
3. The Illustrative Mathematics® name and logo are not subject to the Creative Commons license and may not be used without the prior and express written consent of Illustrative Mathematics®.
4. This site includes public domain images or openly licensed images that are copyrighted by their respective owners. Openly licensed images remain under the terms of their respective licenses. See the image attribution section for more information.
Get the free download of Adobe Acrobat Reader.