Key Lesson 7.4.5 Say It With Decimals
Lesson topic: Fractional increase and decrease
- Teacher guide
- Practice Problems resource
- Card Sort: More Representations resource
- CCRS standard: 7.RP.2, 7.NS.2d
- Learning goal: Comprehend and use the term “repeating” (in spoken language) and the notation of a line above numbers to refer to a decimal expansion that keeps having the same number over and over forever. Coordinate fraction and decimal representations of situations involving adding or subtracting a fraction of the initial value. Use long division to generate a decimal representation of a fraction, and describe (in writing) the decimal that results.
- 7.4 Assessment and Practice Problems
There are no related lessons for this key lesson.
Used with permission:
1. IM K-5 Math was originally developed by Open Up Resources (OUR) and authored by Illustrative Mathematics® (IM), and is copyrighted 2017-2019 by Open Up Resources. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). OUR's K-5 Math Curriculum is available at https://openupresources.org/math-curriculum/.
2. Adaptations and updates to IM K-5 Math are copyrighted 2019 by Illustrative Mathematics®, and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
3. The Illustrative Mathematics® name and logo are not subject to the Creative Commons license and may not be used without the prior and express written consent of Illustrative Mathematics®.
4. This site includes public domain images or openly licensed images that are copyrighted by their respective owners. Openly licensed images remain under the terms of their respective licenses. See the image attribution section for more information.
Get the free download of Adobe Acrobat Reader.