Unit: Statistics and Probability
Key Lesson 6.8.13 Median
Lesson topic: Median
- Teacher guide
- Practice Problems resource
- CCRS standard: 6.SP.5c
- Learning goal: Comprehend that the “median” is another measure of center, which uses the middle of all the values in an ordered list to summarize the data. Identify and interpret the median of a data set given in a table or on a dot plot. Informally estimate the center of a data set and then compare (orally and in writing) the mean and median with this estimate.
- 6.8 Assessment and Practice Problems
There are no related lessons for this key lesson.
Used with permission:
1. IM K-5 Math was originally developed by Open Up Resources (OUR) and authored by Illustrative Mathematics® (IM), and is copyrighted 2017-2019 by Open Up Resources. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). OUR's K-5 Math Curriculum is available at https://openupresources.org/math-curriculum/.
2. Adaptations and updates to IM K-5 Math are copyrighted 2019 by Illustrative Mathematics®, and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
3. The Illustrative Mathematics® name and logo are not subject to the Creative Commons license and may not be used without the prior and express written consent of Illustrative Mathematics®.
4. This site includes public domain images or openly licensed images that are copyrighted by their respective owners. Openly licensed images remain under the terms of their respective licenses. See the image attribution section for more information.
Get the free download of Adobe Acrobat Reader.