Unit: Number Systems
Key Lesson 6.7.15 Shapes on the Coordinate Plane
Lesson topic: Draw polygons on the coordinate plane
- Teacher guide
- Practice Problems resource
- CCRS standard: 6.G.3, 6.NS.6c, 6.NS.8
- Learning goal: Determine the total length of multiple horizontal and vertical segments in the coordinate plane that are connected end-to-end. Draw a polygon in the coordinate plane given the coordinates for its vertices. Explain (orally) that coordinates can be a useful way of describing geometric figures or modeling real-world locations.
- 6.7 Assessment and Practice Problems
There are no related lessons for this key lesson.
Used with permission:
1. IM K-5 Math was originally developed by Open Up Resources (OUR) and authored by Illustrative Mathematics® (IM), and is copyrighted 2017-2019 by Open Up Resources. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). OUR's K-5 Math Curriculum is available at https://openupresources.org/math-curriculum/.
2. Adaptations and updates to IM K-5 Math are copyrighted 2019 by Illustrative Mathematics®, and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
3. The Illustrative Mathematics® name and logo are not subject to the Creative Commons license and may not be used without the prior and express written consent of Illustrative Mathematics®.
4. This site includes public domain images or openly licensed images that are copyrighted by their respective owners. Openly licensed images remain under the terms of their respective licenses. See the image attribution section for more information.
Get the free download of Adobe Acrobat Reader.