Unit: Ratios and Proportions
Key Lesson 6.3.2 Anchoring Units of Measurement
Lesson topic: Converting measurements
- Teacher guide
- Practice Problems resource
- Card Sort: Measurements resource
- CCRS standard: 6.RP.3d
- Learning goal: Compare (orally) the relative size of different units of measure for one attribute, i.e., length, volume, weight or mass. Comprehend the approximate size of 1 “inch,” “foot,” “yard,” “mile,” “millimeter,” “centimeter,” “meter,” “kilometer,” “ounce,” “pound,” “ton,” “gram,” “kilogram,” “cup,” “quart,” “gallon,” “milliliter,” and “liter.” Identify which unit is closest to the length, volume, weight, or mass of a given object, and explain (orally) the reasoning.
- 6.3 Assessment and Practice Problems
There are no related lessons for this key lesson.
Used with permission:
1. IM K-5 Math was originally developed by Open Up Resources (OUR) and authored by Illustrative Mathematics® (IM), and is copyrighted 2017-2019 by Open Up Resources. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). OUR's K-5 Math Curriculum is available at https://openupresources.org/math-curriculum/.
2. Adaptations and updates to IM K-5 Math are copyrighted 2019 by Illustrative Mathematics®, and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
3. The Illustrative Mathematics® name and logo are not subject to the Creative Commons license and may not be used without the prior and express written consent of Illustrative Mathematics®.
4. This site includes public domain images or openly licensed images that are copyrighted by their respective owners. Openly licensed images remain under the terms of their respective licenses. See the image attribution section for more information.
Get the free download of Adobe Acrobat Reader.