Unit: Ratios and Proportions
Key Lesson 6.2.9 Constant Speed
Lesson topic: Introduction to unit rate concepts
- Teacher guide
- Practice Problems resource
- CCRS standard: 6.RP.3b
- Learning goal: Calculate the distance an object travels in 1 unit of time and express it using a phrase like “meters per second” (orally and in writing). For an object moving at a constant speed, use a double number line diagram to represent equivalent ratios between the distance traveled and elapsed time. Justify (orally and in writing) which of two objects is moving faster, by identifying that it travels more distance in the same amount of time or that it travels the same distance in less time.
- 6.2 Assessment and Practice Problems
Used with permission:
1. IM K-5 Math was originally developed by Open Up Resources (OUR) and authored by Illustrative Mathematics® (IM), and is copyrighted 2017-2019 by Open Up Resources. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). OUR's K-5 Math Curriculum is available at https://openupresources.org/math-curriculum/.
2. Adaptations and updates to IM K-5 Math are copyrighted 2019 by Illustrative Mathematics®, and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
3. The Illustrative Mathematics® name and logo are not subject to the Creative Commons license and may not be used without the prior and express written consent of Illustrative Mathematics®.
4. This site includes public domain images or openly licensed images that are copyrighted by their respective owners. Openly licensed images remain under the terms of their respective licenses. See the image attribution section for more information.
Get the free download of Adobe Acrobat Reader.