High School Equivalency
Commonwealth Secondary School Diploma
The Commonwealth Secondary School Diploma (CSSD) is a high school equivalency credential available to Pennsylvania residents who do not possess a high school diploma and who have met criteria specified in the Pennsylvania Code. The Commonwealth Secondary School Diploma may be achieved by passing the GED® test or the HiSET® exam or by completing the 30 College Credit Option. Visit the PA Department of Education for more information about the options.
30 College Credit Option
The Commonwealth Secondary School Diploma (CSSD) may be issued to an applicant who:
- Is a resident of Pennsylvania;
- Is at least 18 years of age;
- Does not possess a secondary school diploma from the United States;
- Is not in a public, licensed private, registered accredited or licensed nonpublic secondary school;
- And presents evidence of satisfactory completion of a minimum of 30 semester hours of study (in post-secondary level courses) at a U.S.-accredited institution of post-secondary education.