English as a Second Language (ESL)Resources and lesson plans for ESL teachers
- Pennsylvania Immigrant Fact Sheet
- College and Career Readiness Standards (CCRS) and GED® 2014 Resource List for ESL
- Professional development offerings for ESL instruction
- The Literacy Information and Communication System (LINCS) website includes adult education resources, online discussion group, and professional development courses. These courses are self-directed and you will need to create a free login to access these courses.
- ESL teacher coaches to support the implementation of changes in your practice
El/Civics Lesson Plans
The following lesson plans were developed by teachers from programs with English Literacy/Civics Education (EL/Civics) grants. These grants specifically fund integrated English literacy, United States history, and civics education programs that support adult learners in becoming active and informed parents, workers, and community members.
ESL Materials for Career Pathways
The Learners’ Lives as Curriculum© Thematic Units
Learners’ Lives as Curriculum© is a model connecting professional development with materials development, in which practitioners develop materials for learners in their programs based on learners’ needs and experiences.